Wednesday, March 07, 2007

New Mata Regional Rail Site Up and Runnng

MATA is looking spiffy these days. You may have noticed that the MATA website has recently been updated. I noticed it a couple days ago. Overall I think the site is great improvement over their previous site. However I was surprised to find that the information about the regional rail program was no longer on the site. I noticed it was missing when I was checking the site for updates on the light rail line to the airport.

Well I checked back today and there to the far right was a new tab for the regional rail program. I clicked on it and it took me to the new regional rail program website. The image below shows where the link to the regional rail program is located on MATA's homepage.


One of the great things about the new regional rail program site is that it has the reports posted on the website. They are located towards the bottom of the website. I have it highlighted in the image below. Now anybody can view and download the reports that MATA has been using to guide decisions about light rail development in Memphis. Ever wonder why the Lamar corridor was chosen? The answer is in the reports. You can also read a draft of the most recent report as well. I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I guess I know what I'm doing with my weekend. Enjoy!



No comments: